TDS, a Fortune 1000 telecommunications, broadband & IT provider, is searching for a Human Resources-Business Partner for our Madison, WI location.
TDS was voted one of 2017 Best Places to Work by Madison Magazine!!
The Human Resources-Business Partner position is responsible for providing Employee Relations support to their assigned business units in the areas of performance management, talent management, organizational planning, employment policies and employee relations. This includes but is not limited to participating in interviews, investigations, completing documentation, handling employee disciplinary meetings and performance improvement meetings, leaves of absence and/or medical accommodation requests and providing general consultative advice. In general, will handle highly confidential cases, assignments, and projects.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs more than 2,800 people and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. In 2018, TDS was recognized in Forbes list of America's Best Employers for Diversity. The TDS family of companies, which includes TDS Telecom, is listed at 190 out of 250 top employers in the U.S.
Human Resources Business Partner:
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years of professional work experience.
• 1 + year experience in Human Resources preferred.
• Outstanding attention to detail skills necessary and required.
• Outstanding organizational skills, follow-through and ability to work well tactically and conceptually required.
• Exceptional keyboard/typing skills with ability to key 60 + WPM.
• Excellent documentation skills with ability to determine which information is important, relevant and necessary, in a manner which is detailed, precise, and complete in nature and legally sound ensuring all facts are captured.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have knowledge, interest and strong desire to keep up-to-date with Human Resource policies, standard practices, laws and regulations and proposed changes and the ability to apply them consistently.
• Ability to conduct research, identify recommendations, and develop and communicate policies.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with demonstrated record of dealing with sensitive issues in an innovative, professional way.
• Must have demonstrated process development/improvement skills.
• Must set the standard for personal integrity, honesty, and teamwork.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Pursuing ongoing professional development in the area of Human Resources.
• SHRM/HRCI Certification a plus.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.