Embarking on a new opportunity is one of the most exciting times in your life. Our Human Resource Internship Program has been developed to provide you with the ability to take you to the next critical step in shaping your successful and rewarding career.
As a Human Resources Intern, you will be able to experience working with our Employee Relations team to help support the Human Resources Business Partners in the areas of performance management, employee attendance tracking and verification, conducting exit interviews, leave administration, and assisting in projects. Additionally, you will have exposure to and work with our other strategic HR functional teams: Compensation, Talent Acquisition and Talent Development. Each of these HR functional areas is key to our organization’s success, and includes a focus on working with our internal customers to ensure efficiencies within our organization.
Specific responsibilities with the Employee Relations team will include the following:
• We are looking for a HR Intern to work between 10-15 hours per week during the school year and 30-40 hours during the summer in the Madison, WI office. Flexible scheduling is available.
TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS®), is the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S and a growing force in the cable industry. TDS provides 1.2 million connections to high-speed Internet, phone, and TV across the U.S. TDS employs approximately 3,300 people and is headquartered in Madison, WI.
Why Join TDS?
Are you are resourceful collaborator who takes initiative, and has a passion to learn? Are you ready to join a high-energy team focused on driving our organization to the next level? Do enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and interacting with people at all levels? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If you have the determination and desire to grow your career, consider joining our Human Resources team!
An internship at TDS on the Human Resources team provides an opportunity to:
• Gain hands-on experience within a variety of HR areas
• Spend time with professional partners and leadership participating in day-to-day activities
• Competitive compensation
• Flexible scheduling (target 12 hours per week)
• Free covered parking at our west-side location at 525 Junction Road, and easy access to bus lines #15, 73 and 74
What Sets TDS Apart From the Competition?
TDS has a laser focus on our customers that is supported by a great culture driven by the TDS mission and shared values. TDS strongly believes in partnering with local communities throughout the country and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities.
Here are some of the things we do in Madison:
• Collect and distribute food and toys for local charities at the holidays
• Provide many hours of bell ringing for the Salvation Army
• Donate hundreds of pints of blood through bi-monthly blood drives
• Provide numerous employee volunteers to Meals on Wheels
• Conduct multiple fund raisers for a wide variety of organizations such as: National MS Society (WI Chapter), American Cancer Society and the Madison Literacy Council
You will enjoy the opportunity to partner closely with: