TDS Cable Operations has a fulltime opportunity for a Lead Technician to join our team in St. George, UT.
This position works under general supervision and direction while performing and/or leading a group of Technicians who may perform a variety of work related to installation, disconnects and service changes (rebuilds, extensions, etc…) or repairs for customers. These responsibilities may also include system or routine maintenance, plant repair, and/or head-end maintenance. This position ensures completion of all technical work within field services operations while working effectively cross-functionally on delivering products and services to our customers through technical support and problem resolution while maintaining field quality control; and motivating, developing and managing team performance. This role contributes to the Company’s success in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
(1) Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for team and has the ability to perform the same responsibilities as team when/where applicable and/or necessary. Uses appropriate methods to resolve internal and external customer escalations in a timely manner related to one or more of the following areas of service, outage, planned maintenance, testing requirements, repairs, rebuilds or extensions, upgrades and/or delivery of products and services. Includes involvement in complexly related projects requirement project status updates and/or reported delays or acceleration.
Work may or may not further include the following areas of specific expertise:
(2) Assign and coordinate technician work fulfillment. Assigns, monitors and manages technical workload, work orders and/or projects to ensure resourcing is adequate and productivity is optimized. May include follow-up with necessary reporting and tracking related to workflow, efficiency, effectiveness, as well as system and customer reliability, inter- and intra-departmental resolution, etc… while ensuring all company property and equipment to complete the associate work is properly utilized, maintained, repaired or replaced when and if needed to perform the job
(3) Ensures that the work of the department either meets or exceeds the requirements and metrics relative to established policies, best practices and company requirements and that work is performed in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and requirements. Examples within the scope of some, but not all areas of field services may include, but are not limited to, FCC, CLI emissions, Proof of Performance testing, NESC, NEC and PUC). May assist in both the development, execution and implementation of any new or updated departmental policies or procedures
(4) Coordinates, and at times provides, technician training with utilization of procedural manual, coaching and mentoring, certification and/or on-the-job training. This may include training specifically related to one or more of the following: OSHA regulations, pole climbing, vehicle and trucking, etc… to ensure a safe work environment. This may also include regular quality control and vehicle inspections
(5) Complete and maintain accurate records including work orders, daily logs and other necessary paperwork. Collect, analyze and present information on an accurate and timely basis; compile data for inclusion in FCC reports; maintain records, conduct tests, and prepare reports as required in a timely and accurate manner
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.